Experience unforgettable hours at the Long Night of Museums!
The Long Night of Museums in Berlin offers a unique opportunity to come into direct contact with art and culture of all kinds. With more than 50,000 visitors, it is the most popular cultural event in the German capital.
From 6 p.m. to 2 a.m., the Long Night of Museums offers over 700 events in more than 70 museums with just one ticket, such as special exhibitions, installations as well as entertaining short tours, talks with contemporary witnesses, readings with actors, shows, workshops, culinary delights and music from tango to techno.
What you can expect at the Museum Night
- One ticket for the full programme: discover areas of the art and culture worlds you never knew existed!
- The shuttle buses provided will take you from museum to museum as quickly as possible, without wasting much of your precious time. The routes are of course included in the admission price.
- Numerous special or express tours take you to selected highlights.
- There are also special offers for children and families, usually starting in the afternoon. Up to 12 years of age, the ticket is free, and the shuttle buses are also included.
The programme for the Long Night of Museums is available here.
The story behind the Long Night of Museums
The Long Night of Museums is a true Berlin original. The first event of this kind took place in February 1997 with 18 participating museums. To this day, the concept has proven to be a complete success. The number of museums has grown to over 70 today. Other cities also adopt the concept: there are now 120 museum nights worldwide, for example in Amsterdam or Paris. Every year, the event is the highlight of the cultural calendar and delights with a huge variety of programmes: whether special tours, workshops, concerts or a look behind the scenes - there is guaranteed to be something exciting for everyone at the 700 or so events in just one night.
The Long Night of Museums is a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in Berlin's world of art, culture, science and technology.
Tickets for the Long Night of Museums 2024:
- Regular tickets are available from July 2024.