Exhibition Series "Modern Roots and Heritage in Kharkiv und Lviv"
Total running time: Sat, 1.10. - 16.12.2022, 12:00 - 20:00 hrs; Main venue: BHROX bauhaus reuse, central island Ernst-Reuter-Platz.
The Special Focus of the Triennial of Modernism 2022 focuses on the roots and heritage of modernism in Ukraine, for a trans-European consideration of the historical references and protagonists as well as the question of the current state in the face of the war of aggression on Ukraine and the opportunities and challenges for future European cooperation.
A multi-part exhibition series at BHROX bauhaus reuse, with four parts in the pavilion on Ernst-Reuter-Platz (central island) and one part in the architecture building of the TU Berlin, shows buildings and contexts in Kharkiv and Lviv from the interwar period to postmodernism.
The Special Focus will conclude with the release event for the special issue "Modern Movement in Ukraine" of the Docomomo Journal and a workshop talk on modernism in Ukraine.
- Part #1 (running 2.10.2022 - 21.10.2022)Sat, 1.10.2022, 7:45 pm: Vernissage photo exhibition"Lviv Modernism: Let buildings speak. Visual story of Lviv modern housing architecture".Partner*in: Lviv Centre for Urban History (LCUH); Author*in / Photographer*in: Myroslava Liakhovych Myroslava Liakhovych (associated researcher at the Centre for Urban History, Lviv / currently at ETH Zurich - Institute for History and Theory of Architecture); Date: Opening on 01 October, 19:30, at BHROX, as evening programme of the second day of the opening event of the Triennial of Modernism (Triennale der Moderne) 2022
- Part #2 (running 28.10. - 9.11.2022)Thu, 27.10.2022, 7:30 pm: Vernissage photo exhibition"City, Architecture, Modernism - Public buildings of the interwar period in Lviv".Partner*in: International Cultural Centre (ICC), Krakow in cooperation with Museum of Architecture in Wrocław (MAW); Author / Photographer: Michal Wisniewski (ICC), Żanna Komar (MAW), Andrzej Szczerski (MAW), Pawel Mazur (Photography); Location: BHROX bauhaus reuse
- Part #3 (running time 14.11. - 24.11.2022)Sun, 13.11.2022, from 6:00 pm: Opening panel exhibition"Modernism in Lviv and the contribution of Jewish architects. Ferdynand Kassler - Inventor of Galician Modernism".Partner*in: Lviv Polytechnic National University Author*in / Photographer*in: Bohdan Cherkes in collaboration with Yulia Bohdanova and Igor Kopyliak; Location from 8:00 p.m.: TU Architecture Building at Ernst-Reuter-Platz
- Part #4 (Running time 14.11. - 24.11.2022)Sun, 13.11., from 6:00 pm: Opening panel exhibition"Svoboda (Freedom) Square Ensemble in Kharkiv".Partner / Author: Svitlana Smolenska (associated researcher at the Kharkiv School of Architecture, Technische Universität Berlin and the Technische Hochschule OWL, ICOMOS Ukraine); Location: BHROX bauhaus reuse
- Part #5 (running time presumably 28.11. - 16.12.2022)Opening photo exhibition: date to be announced"Ukrainian Socialist Postmodernism"Partner: Urban Forms Center (UFC), Kharkiv Author / Photographer: Ievgeniia Gubkina and Pavlo Dorogoy (photography); Location: BHROX bauhaus reuse
- Date to be announced:Release event for the Special Issue "Modern Movement in Ukraine" of the Docomomo Journal.Publisher: DOCOMOMO international, Uta Pottgiesser (President DOCOMOMO international); Guest Editor: Alexander Bouryak (Kharkiv National University of Civil Engineering and Architecture / Docomomo Ukraine
Partner*innen aus der Ukraine