Daniel Beckmann and the Berliner Philharmoniker Brass Ensemble
Daniel Beckmann and the Berlin Philharmonic Brass Ensemble present works by Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy and Richard Strauss, among others.
Guy Bovet's delightfully offbeat "church tangos" will also be heard, as well as a bravura piece by Marcel Dupré, in which Daniel Beckmann shows what the organ of the Philharmonie Berlin is capable of.
A Symphonic Festive Music by the Austrian composer Joseph Messner will conclude the concert.
Daniel Beckmann, organist at Mainz Cathedral, makes his debut at the Philharmonie Berlin.
- Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy: Overture to the oratorio Paulus op. 36 (arrangement for brass and organ by Johannes Matthias Michel)
- Johann Sebastian Bach: Prelude and Fugue in D major BWV 532
- Richard Strauss - Solemn Entry of the Knights of the Order of St. John
- Guy Bovet Doce: Tangos ecclesiasticos: Tango de quinto tono, de mano izquiera
- Guy Bovet Doce: Tangos ecclesiasticos: Tango de segundo tono para los Barbaros teutonicos que pisan la Música con los piés
- Marcel Dupré: Prelude and Fugue in B major op. 7 No. 1
- Joseph Messner: Symphonic Festive Music for Brass and Organ op. 45a
Blechbläserensemble der Berliner Philharmoniker