Yesterday!Today!Tomorrow!NOW! Artistic work practice in transition
Atelierhaus Mengerzeile is celebrating its 30th anniversary with a variety of activities including exhibitions, open studios, discussions with artists, concerts, dance performances and a children's program. As part of this special occasion, the members of the NWAGTK (Network Studio Communities Treptow-Köpenick) present their works in the art space m3.
The participating artists are looking forward to exchanging ideas with friends, companions, those interested in art and the new and old neighborhood. They also provide insights into the current situation of the Berlin studio buildings.
The goals of the NWAGTK include, among others, the development of long-term policy solutions to the challenges related to studios and production spaces for cultural activities. They are also committed to new strategic models for the city and its artists. This is by no means a matter of course. Without the willingness and patience of the owner to take part in an experiment, there would be 40 fewer studios in Berlin. The persistent negotiations were ultimately successful, and the studio building will be preserved for the long term after extensive renovation and redesign. Tim Renner, a key supporter from the time, will address the event.
Many studios and artistic production spaces in Berlin are still threatened with closure and are being pushed out of the city center. In this matter, the commitment of everyone involved is required.
The development of the Atelierhaus Mengerzeile serves as an example for new cooperations and can help to obtain further locations for artistic production through innovative ideas and implementation.
from 2 p.m. Food Trucks and Bar
in the Atelierhaus
- 2 - 7 pm Open Studios
- 2 - 7 p.m. Documentary exhibition "1993 to 2023 Atelierhaus Mengerzeile".
- 2 - 7 p.m. NWGATK (Network of Studio Communities Treptow-Köpenick) in the art space m3
- 2 - 4 pm Workshop: Colours from plants
- 16 - 17:30 Children's tour of the Open Studios
- 17:30 - 18:15 Children's reading from the book "The wind in the willows".
- 16 - 16:30 Dance: URBAN BELLY DANCE SHOW
- 17 - 17:45 KUNST.MACHT.RAUM Collective writing with Pussy Write
- 17:30 - 18:15 Concert: Bastian Hagedorn
- 18:30 - 19:15 Pussy Write - Reading of the texts KUNST.MACHT.RAUM
- 19:30 Speech by Prof. Tim Renner and Marco Brauchmann (District Councillor for Further Education, Schools, Culture and Sport)
- 20:15 - 21 hrs Concert: Acid Omas
- 21:30 - 23 h Concert: Flirren
- from 11 pm DJ - DAISY D'OR