For Germans, May is the real start of summer, usually with 2-3 long weekends (1 May, Ascension Day, Whitmonday). And Berlin's offering many different events for the first week of May.
We have collected some of the highlights here.
Dance in the 1st of May
You can dance into May in numerous clubs all over the city on 30 April.
- The KulturBrauerei invites you to a long party night on 9 floors.
- At the Frannz Club you can dance on 3 floors at the Schöne Party.
- Ballhaus Wedding welcomes you with a glass of sparkling wine to dance into May.
- At the House of Weekend you have a magnificent view over the city while partying and dancing. Let's go at sunset with hip hop and house music
- The Marrakesch Bar & Lounge also invites you to an afterparty on the night of 1 May.
- Pop, rock and dance classics tempt you to dance into May at Pop.Arty in Freiheit 15.
- At Quasimodo the Disco Inferno starts at 10.30 pm.
- SO36 invites you to the Electric Ballroom from 11 pm.
- The Astra Kulturhaus starts the Dance into May with an Indie Night at 11 pm.
- One minute before midnight, about blank awaits you on 30 April on 3 floors.
- The Moka Efti Orchestra will be playing at Metropol Berlin for Tanz in den Mai.
Spring & Street festivals
- The German Trade Union Confederation also holds its classic May Day rally, followed by a children's and family festival on Straße des 17. Juni with food, drinks, games, and a giant bouncy castle.
- At the Neuköllner Maientage, around 100 showmen with rides and food stands await you in Volkspark Hasenheide from 29 April to 22 May 2022. Every Saturday at around 10 pm the sky above the park turns into the stage for a beautiful fireworks display.
- At Domäne Dahlem, the spring festival on 30 April and 1 May officially opens the market season.
- The Green Café in the Neukölln district of Britz invites you to a spring festival (Frühlingsfest) with flea market, art flea market and plant exchange.
- And on Alice-Salomon-Platz in Hellersdorf, a colourful fair place on 1 May.
With about 700 stands on 25,000 m² there will be a huge flea market at Berlin's Ostbahnhof on 1 May.
Here you will find antiques, art, design interiors as well as vintage and second-hand goods.
Collectors and traders also gather on the day of work at the Oldthing Collectors fair in Berlin's Ostbahnhof.
Arts & Culture
- For Gallery Weekend (Friday from 6 to 9 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.), large and small galleries in all Berlin districts open their doors. Discover Berlin's contemporary art scene on the weekend of 1 May.
- Tip: For Gallery Weekend, the exhibition I see you on Teufelsberg is open until midnight from 29 April to 1 May.
- At the Humboldt Forum, Hin und weg is thematically all about the former Palace of the Republic. DJ Pasi will be playing in the Schlüterhof on 30 April from 6 to 10 pm.
- On 1 May, the book spring will end with readings, events and literature walks.
- On 1 May, many Berlin museums will open their doors for an admission-free Sunday. The musical tour through the Düppel Museum Village is particularly suitable for families.
- The Radio Orchestra will be playing Shostakovich and more at the Philharmonie on 1 May.
- Number 1 hits with the best doubles of the great stars of show business await you at Stars in Concert in the Estrel Showtheater.
To find out what else is happening on May Day in Berlin, check out our calendar of events.