As we all know, Easter always falls on the Sunday after the first full moon of spring, so this year the holiday will fall in mid-April. Optimistically, the family celebration will then take place in fine weather and you can use the long weekend to visit one of the many spring festivals and Easter markets in Berlin together, sit together at Easter breakfast and stand together at the Easter bonfire.
For excursions into the surrounding countryside, take advantage of our new sanssouci + day ticket, which connects most of the palaces and gardens:
Visit the 51st Spring Festival at Kurt-Schumacher-Damm, which takes place from 24 March to 1 May. This carnival with over 60 rides, including a ghost train and various roller coasters, is great fun for the whole family.
The Zitadelle Berlin in Spandau invites you to the annual Easter Knight Festival from 8 to 10 April. Here, everything a knight's heart desires is on offer, from knight fights to a fire show and storytellers.
The Britz Tree Blossom takes place at the Britz Manor Park from 31 March to 16 April. In addition to many delicacies and rides, there will once again be a non-stop stage programme and Easter specials: just drop by!
On Easter Saturday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday you can sample delicacies and admire handicrafts at the Easter market in Chorin Monastery.
Of course, the FEZ (Wuhlheide Leisure and Recreation Centre) also offers a musical introduction to Easter over the holiday period with the "Seven Little Easter Bunnies" concert (9 April), especially for children.
With children's theatre and musical entertainment, the Gardens of the World are also waiting for you with the colourful programme for the Easter weekend "Ach du dickes Ei!".
You can find more great tips for the Easter weekend in our events calendar.
In the immediate vicinity of the romantic Trinity Church, works of art created by potters, painters and designers are exhibited. The variety on offer ranges from jewellery and pottery to wooden and metal figures and Easter decorations. Culinary delights are also on offer. To add to the atmosphere, the trio "Confessin' the Blues" will be playing live.
A spring atmosphere returns to the Easter market at Alexanderplatz. Many wine stalls and a beer garden invite you to linger. Numerous shows and a petting zoo provide entertainment for the little ones.
Easter bonfire on Easter Saturday
- Easter fire at the Britzer Garten
- Easter fire at the lido Wendenschloss
- Easter fire in Marzahn
- Easter fire at the Späth'schen tree nurseries
- Easter fire in Frohnau
- Easter fire at the lido Weißensee
- Easter fire in Lichtenrade
- Easter fire in Spandau
March marks the start of the boat tour season. Hop on one of the many excursion steamers and boats and discover Berlin from a whole new perspective.
Shows and Musicals
At the Friedrichstadt-Palast, the Arise Grand Show will still be taking you on a magical journey full of spectacular acrobatics and show acts, elaborate costumes and great emotions in April 2023.
Stars in Concert presents for you an incredible range of musical genres and artists, from pop idols like Madonna and Michael Jackson to rock legends like Elvis Presley and Queen. With a stunning light show, live band and talented vocal performers, this show is an unforgettable experience for all music fans.
The Woodstock Variety Show is a feast for the senses, immersing the audience in the atmosphere of peace, love and music. The performers on stage wear clothes in the style of the 1960s and 1970s, creating an authentic Woodstock atmosphere. With songs by Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, The Who and many others, the Woodstock Variety Show brings the cultural revolution of the time to life.
Easter programmes for children
Berlin, of course, always has something to offer children and so the capital also has numerous events for the family this weekend - here is just a small selection:
- Try out the Paaren Adventure Park
- The Museum of Natural History in Berlin is offering lots of activities for little explorers at Easter
- Easter games at the Freilandlabor (outdoor laboratory)
- Easter events at the FEZ Köpenick
- Easter under the vine
- Explore Karl's adventure village in Elstal
- Easter for children at the Park Theater
- Stroll through the Easter sky in the planetarium
- Painting eggs at the Ökowerk nature conservation centre in Wilmersdorf
- At the Easter brunch in the Bamia restaurant, the little guests can look for Easter eggs in the inner courtyard
- During the Berlin Easter holidays, the Deutsche Historische Museum (German Historical Museum) invites visitors to special children's tours, and the children's film "Keine Angst vorm Anderssein" (Don't be afraid of being different) will also be shown at the Zeughauskino.
- The popular Easter tours at Berlin Zoo and Tierpark.
Easter and the Opera Festival 2023
The State Opera Festival from 2 to 4 April is the cultural highlight for all opera lovers. This year, many great days full of enthusiasm await us again. The main focus is on Richard Wagner.
The Staatskapelle Berlin will also be dedicating itself to the famous composer.
Our calendar of events tells you what else is going on in Berlin at Easter.