Restoration of the tombs TT416 and TT 417 at el Khokha-Qurna - Sondervortrag
Tombs TT416 and TT417 are located in el Khokha-Qurna and west of the tomb of Djehuty TT 110. They share the same forecourt as tombs TT 110 and the unnumbered tomb. The entrance to both tombs was inaccessible until 2015, while the American Research Center in Egypt (ARCE) discovered its original entrance during its work there.
The entrance to the tombs opens to the west or north. The owner of tomb TT 416 is called Amenhotep, called Rebiu, and the owner of tomb TT417 is called Sa-mut. Both bore the title of “Doorkeeper of Amun” (iry-aA n imn). The architecture of the two tombs corresponds to the famous T-shaped style of New Kingdom tombs.
The tomb of Rebiu TT416 dates from the reign of Thutmose III. and the tomb of Sa-mut TT417 probably dates from the reign of King Amenhotep II. None of the earlier archaeologists mentioned the two tombs, neither Norman Weigall, who first entered TT110 in 1909, nor Norman de Garis Davies, who documented the texts and wall scenes in 1932 partially published. The excavation and cleaning of the tombs took place between September 2020 – March 2021. The restoration work was carried out by the local restorers from Qurna. After cleaning and restoration, the two graves can now be opened to the public.
The construction management is deployed on the site to receive visitors. To complete the work, only the final touches are required, such as: B. the wooden floor and the railing to protect the scenes.
Lecture in English.
The lecture will take place in the auditorium of the James Simon Gallery.
Participation free of charge.
No registration needed.
Meeting point: information