Show your weaknesses, superheroes! Show your strength and let us take part in the beauty of vulnerabilities. Miaulina relishes the opportunity to shine some light on all of our super lives. To do so, they pour glittery, electronically produced pop songs that are sung live into scenes in which questionable superheroes throw at least themselves into question. And, as weakened as they may be, no matter which kind of awful crises they are stuck in, they heroically face their destinies and sing about feelings and visions of having things in common.
Miaulina is the band project of the puppet theater performers Claudia Engel and Matthias Engel, who have been making theater productions together for over 15 years.
They developed the texts and melodies for new songs in the spring of 2021 as part of a #TakeCare residency at Schaubude Berlin.
Outside of this, they also produced their new album Systemexplosion with the musicians and composers Dirk Hessel and Kay Skerra which is also the basis for this theater concert.
- Arrangements and composition Dirk Hessel
- Gesang, Instrumente und Texte Claudia Engel
- Vocals, instruments and lyrics Matthias Ludwig
- Direction, technique Andrea Post
in German spoken language
A note about accessibility:
- Fog machine and strobe lights are used.
- Some of the music is loud.
- You can find information about the physical accessibility of the performance venue here.