DOCK 11 presents: PLATAFORMA BERLIN:: Seguir/Follow + Recuerdos del Presente/Memories of the Present.
Seguir/Follow enacts a body that demands patience and appreciation during recovery from surgeries to remove endometriosis and tumors. It's about the female self; about identity and resilience of a body that changes as it ages, as it lives, as it dances. This work takes space and time for a ritualistic moment to honor the female body, dangerously iridescent.
Seguir/Follow is a first.
- Concept, choreography, performance: Areli Mogan
- Sound composition, performance: Samaquias Lorta
- Dramaturgy: Sasha Amaya
- Realization: Areli Moran in collaboration with Daniel Montiel
- Sound collaboration: Rodrigo Zarate
A production by Areli Moran and ESPACIO EXPECTANTE. Supported by Centro Cultural Plaza Fátima, Manifestaciones del Cuerpo. With the support of Secretaria de Cultura de Mexico, FONCA; Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and Media as part of the NEUSTART KULTUR initiative, DIS-TANZEN funding program of the Dachverband Tanz Deutschland
Recuerdos del Presente/Memories of the Present
Two beers to start and two beers to finish, I want to go back....
Recuerdos del Presente consists of the rhythm of the Andean cumbia and its timbres, reminiscent of nostalgia when celebrating. A space that brings into dialogue three elements that emerged during the research: the cumbia, the ch'alla and the party. They create an interstice in which ideas and narratives meet and at the center of which are the contradictions of sadness/happiness and loneliness/encounter. The performance explores reencounters with memories of family celebrations, shared intoxications, zapateos rompe taquito. Out of a nostalgic feeling, the social is redefined by the symbolic.
- Concept, performance: Sharon Mercado Nogales
- Dramatic assistant: Luisa Mateo Dupleich Rozo
- Production: Caballo en L/ La Perla Andina
- Musical references: Amor Sagrado- Chuxña Manzana, Tayhana- Negra Brava, Chuquimamani Condori- Live set 2020, Mix Las culisueltas, Mix huayño Zapateo Ronisch, bSharon Mercado Nogale- Dame Veneno (Prod. Caballo en L/ La Perla Andina)
- Set design, costume: Sharon Mercado Nogales
- Video: Producciones Maxilogos 3D
We do apologize that the following information is currently only available in German.