During the Cold War, Berlin-Karlshorst was an important decision-making center for the Soviet troops and occupation organs stationed in East Germany.
After the end of the war in May 1945, Karlshorst became a Soviet restricted area. The Soviet military administration, secret services and, for example, the Berlin Brigade resided here. Later, the Stasi and the border control for the Berlin Wall were added.
The district tour leads to the former locations of secret and military facilities on Zwieseler Strasse, Arberstrasse, Bodenmaiser Weg and Köpenicker Allee.
(Program in German)
Meeting point: In front of the museum building