PastPerfect? • The art of remembering reading, film, music
“PastPerfect? – The Art of Remembrance” brings poetry, prose, film and music as forms of expression of collective memory to the Green Salon of the Volksbühne.
In eleven heterogeneous positions, artists from the network of the Coalition for Pluralistic Public Discourse (CPPD) and other allies come together and explore ways to take up the culture of remembrance, to think further or to reorganize it. The horizon is formed by the question of an updated culture of remembrance that corresponds to the plural present.
The evening will be hosted by Max Czollek, author, essayist, poet and curator of the CPPD.
- Hamze Bytyci (filmmaker, founder RomaTrial e.V.)
- Marko Dinić (writer and publicist)
- Daniel Gerzenberg (Lyricist, Lied pianist and author) & Hagar Sharvit (opera and concert singer)
- Melanelle B. C. Hémêfa (poetress, author, speaker, moderator and coach)
- Lin Hierse (journalist and author)
- Dan Thy Nguyen (director, actor, essayist and singer)
- Ozan Zakariya Keskinkılıç (freelance author, poet and political scientist) & Tayfun Guttstadt (musician)
- Olesya Yaremchuk (journalist and writer)
The Coalition for Pluralistic Public Discourse (CPPD) is a network of around 50 discourse-shaping intellectuals, scholars, artists and activists who work and research on the culture of remembrance and diversity in a wide variety of ways. In addition to criticizing the status quo of German and European remembrance politics, the aim of the network, which was initiated in 2021, is to develop new concepts for pluralistic remembrance.
The curator of the CPPD is the poet and publicist Max Czollek, Johanna Korneli and Jo Frank are leading the project. The CPPD is a project of DialoguePerspectives. Discussing Religions and Worldviews e.V.
We would like to thank RomaTrial e.V. for the wonderful opportunity to expand their program in the Green Salon of the Volksbühne with this event.