At the invitation of the Museum für Asiatische Kunst, the artist Kimsooja together with guest curator Keumhwa Kim has developed a sequence of (non-)interventions in the permanent exhibitions.
The show is the prelude to a series of new exhibition projects that mark the Humboldt Forum as a place for contemporary artistic and social debates. It presents fourteen stand-alone or groups of works by the Korean-born, internationally acclaimed artist, unfolding in medial diversity in the galleries of the Museum für Asiatische Kunst and the Ethnologisches Museum at the Humboldt Forum. Existing works and new pieces created especially for the exhibition connect associatively with the historical objects in the museums’ galleries, stimulate dialogues and place collections and their themes in a relationship to the present.
Already in the outdoor space in front of the Humboldt Forum, a transport container painted in the colour scheme of Korean obangsaek (primary colours, black and white) refers to the exhibition on the third floor of the Humboldt Forum.
Bottari 1999 – 2019 simultaneously stands for the working principles of the concept artist: she develops works of art (deductive objects) from everyday objects that reflect her own experience as well as they operate in a site-specific manner.
- 5:00 pm PREVIEW & GUIDED TOUR WITH THE ARTIST (Intro room, 3rd floor)
- 6:30 pm OPENING (1st floor, Forum Café)
- Prof. Dr. Hartmut Dorgerloh, General Director Humboldt Forum
- Conrad Clemens, State Secretary, Representative of the Free State of Saxony to the Federal Government
- Prof. Dr. Lars-Christian Koch, Director Ethnologisches Museum and Museum für Asiatische Kunst
- Keumwha Kim, Dr. Kerstin Pinther, Uta Rahman Steinert, Curators