Excavations of the caliph's residence in Samarra began in 1911 - a mammoth project in every respect. The finds still form a cornerstone of the collection of the Museum of Islamic Art.
In the meantime, museum staff members have returned to Iraq to conduct research in the al-Hira residence.
- PD Dr. Martina Müller-Wiener, deputy director of the Museum of Islamic Art
- Stefanie Janke, research associate of the project "Legal - Illegal". Staff member of the "Legal - Illegal?" project.
We will explore the questions of how archaeological practice and the handling of finds have changed on site and in the museum.
- Language: German
Meeting point: James Simon Gallery, at the information point in the upper foyer.
- Participation with valid admission ticket.
- Limited number of participants.
- Online registration required.
- Please register for the event and book an admission ticket at the time of the event.
Meeting point: James-Simon-Galerie, am Info-Punkt im oberen Foyer
Price info: 0 € Teilnahme kostenfrei. Bitte buchen Sie ein Eintrittsticket zum Zeitpunkt der Veranstaltung.
Booking: booking/prior registration essential