Between 1951 and 1990, a pre-trial detention center (UHA) was located on Keibelstraße in Berlin-Mitte. It was attached to the neighboring Volkspolizei (People's Police) headquarters and was the only East Berlin pre-trial detention center where women were also imprisoned.
Since 1990, film and music producers have used the former prison as a backdrop. The cells on the sixth floor served as police and deportation custody from 1992 to 1996. The learning site opened in February 2019.
Meeting point: In front of the Senate Department for Education, Youth and Family Affairs
Tel.: +49 - 30 - 28 09 80 11