An evening with Alex von Humboldt – super scientist, namesake of the Humboldt Forum and the second discoverer of the Americas!
Putting themselves in the role of both the discovered as well as that of the discoverer, three Latinx performers break through Humboldt’s gaze.
Using sculptures, plants, stones and their own biographies, they set out on the search for decolonial counter-narratives: using two products, potatoes and plaster, they spin a dazzling web of unexpected images and dense narratives.
This group from El Salvador, Mexico, Span and Germany already dealt with colonial continuities and biographical material in their multiple award-winning production Kaffee mit Zucker?/Coffee With Sugar? , which premiered at Schaubude Berlin in 2021.
They continue their examinations with the new material performance Fünf Exponate , for which Antonio Cerezo conducted research into the narrative potential of plaster over the course of a #TakeHeart research stipend with Schaubude in the winter of 2021 and 2022.
- Performance Laia RiCa, Antonio Cerezo
- Concept, artistic direction Laia RiCa, Antonio Cerezo, Ruschka Steininger
- Visual Design, live visuals Daniela del Pomar
- Dramaturgy Ruschka Steininger
- Sound, live music Yahima Piedra Córdova
- Stage, light design Sebastián Solórzano
- Costume design Anne Buffetrille
- Production management, artistic collaboration Heleen De Boever, Rodrigo Zorzanelli
- Consulting, PR Anne Brammen
- Production assistance Alexandra Hernández Ceaicovscaia
- Audiodeskription Nicolai Audiodeskription/Felix Koch
Production from Laia RiCa in Co-production with FITZ Stuttgart, internationales figuren.theater.festival Erlangen, Schaubude Berlin, Theater Rampe
in German, English and Spanish spoken language, partly German surtitles
A note about accessibility:
- Es werden raumfüllende Videoprojektionen eingesetzt.
- You can find information about the physical accessibility of the performance venue here .