BIO started as a research performance looking at understanding and ways to increase awareness of the current climate crises and environmental issues in which are all involved. In this edition, BIO - ACTS OF LIVING, the project wants to make an open call for participating in the exchange of practices of care. Open for people who have practice and focus on those practices as a way to relate to the world, with impacts on micro and macro levels.
Wisdom Market 21st August
What we imagine to be brought to the market
We navigate between the following topics:
#care for the living beings
#care for the soul and elements of nature
#care for the community and the self
We welcome you to bring your own ideas and associate them with one of those three topics!
The market is an invitation to exchange knowledge that strives for life and living beings in its various forms, embracing what our environment is lacking more and more: diversity.
Giving space to enhance the processes of creating, retaining, and spreading knowledge, taking each act as an individual and collective impact into the realm.
1. As an act of care - we host and invite individuals as well as groups to share, opening a venue for the exchange of practices of care and procedures for the preservation of life on Earth. These can be done through an open conversation, mediation, the exchange of recipes, and/ or plants. body therapy and collective learning, as such, dance, massage and sound healing, etc.
2. Act of resistance - because we invest in systems of healing and care that do not follow the ongoing logic of marketing and normative forms, accomplishing the soul as an essential part of our process of existing in the world and self-healing. Resistance is a force in itself - it's a movement contrary to the forces that try to turn it down - though this acts against the normative forces - the supremacist thinking and other forms of oppression. Grieving together is a way to dismantle the never-ending happiness of neo-liberal logic.
3. Act of solidarity - giving, exchanging, retributing, resonating in each other's lives, offering, spreading, and enhancing a world with more social justice, an act of liberation carried out by all participants. It’s also an opportunity to install and give space for other forms of existing, persisting, and resisting in the late-capitalism era. Concrete actions will be done in the market, some others will be proposed and depend upon the willingness and openness of the audience to participate in these actions.
We understand solidarity broadly – from food offering to listening to other people's struggles, to connecting activists and people who need their help, enhancing when possible the accessibility of a venue, etc.
What/ where do we want to go?! What do we want to achieve?
• A community that cares for itself, for one another, and for the environment - not forgetting that humans are only a part of it.
• A process that enables this exchange within the art frame, calls for an integrative process
• Strengthen the immune system by accessing better food options/health care practices and taking this wisdom as a form of resistance
• Care as a form of rebellion, in these times when it is needed the most.
Supported by TakeHeart - Fonds DAKU - Wiederaufnahme.
Deliverer : Tizo All | Collaborators, creators, makers : Tizo All, Marc Philipp Gabriel, Anajara Amarante, Suzanne Stavast, Manoela Rangel
Uferstudios: Hof der Uferstudios