It's going to be Christmassy in the MEK. The focus is on the large nativity scene made of straw figures by Marcin Lorkiewiecz (Poland) and the mechanical Christmas mountain from the Ore Mountains.
But there is also a lot to take part in:
- You can get to know Christmas objects better during speed dating (12 p.m. / 2:30 p.m.)
- With stereo glasses you can experience a 3D star projection from the 3D spatial image club Berlin (2 p.m. / 4 p.m.)
- designing beehive front boards in the exhibition "Buzzing Slovenia" (12 p.m. - 4 p.m.)
- Weaving Fröbel stars using the Lauhala technique with the association No Ka Ho'omana'o Ana la Berlin (1 p.m. / 2 p.m. / 3 p.m. / 4 p.m.)
- and at the end everyone sings Christmas carols together (4-5 p.m.).
You can also exchange Christmas presents brought from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
At 11:30 a.m. / 12:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. there is a guided tour of the Mechanical Christmas Mountain from the Erzgebirge and, in addition, the film "The Secret of the Christmas Mountain" runs on a continuous loop from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
And if you haven't done enough crafting and crafting yet, you can make your own Danish Christmas hearts at a hands-on station.
The Christmas atmosphere in the MEK is completed with matching drinks and cakes from the café!