Some museums and galleries in Berlin are open. Since Wednesday, March 31, the rule is that you may visit them with a negative Corona test (in within the last 24 hours), wear a FFP2-mask, and purchase a ticket with time slot reservation.
To be on the safe side, please also always check the website of the respective vendors you want to visit. Many houses are open, but with modified visiting hours.
The following rules apply:
- The Corona rules previously in force in Berlin have been extended until May 9.
- Future opening steps will largely depend on the consistent testing of citizens. Rapid tests and self-tests can provide additional security for contacts on a daily basis.
- Please continue to behave responsibly, wear your protective masks and adhere to the hygiene, tracking and spacing rules of the respective providers.
- For vaccinated people, the same rights apply as of Sunday, April 18, as with negative testing.
- Details on the individual opening steps as well as existing regulations can be found in our information on the current situation in Berlin.
Which houses of the Museum Island are open?
Houses of the Staatlichen Museen zu Berlin (National Museums in Berlin): Please also note that you will need to book a ticket with a time slot reservation and a negative Corona Test certified on the day of your visit for your museum visit.
- Alte Nationalgalerie
- Kulturforum Reopening from 13 April
- Neues Museum Berlin
- Pergamonmuseum. Das Panorama.
You can find the opening hours here.
Reopening dates and renewed closures of other museums, art and cultural institutions in Berlin:
- Akademie der Künste Exhibition "CONTINENT - In search of Europe" open
- The Mystery of Banksy - A Genius Mind | Station Berlin from 15 April
- Bezirksmuseum Marzahn-Hellersdorf open
- Bröhan-Museum open
- Brücke-Museum Reopening from 18 April
- Computerspielemuseum Reopening from 16 April
- DDR Museum Reopening from 16 April
- Deutsches Historisches Museum Re-opening of the Pei Building from April 9.
- Deutsch-Russisches Museum Museum building closed, museum park open
- The Feuerle Collection open
- FHXB Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg Museum Reopening from 16 April
- Filmmuseum Potsdam Reopening from 19 April
- Futurium open
- Gaslaternen-Freilichtmuseum Berlin open
- Gemäldegalerie 13 April
- Georg Kolbe Museum open
- Gropius Bau Reopening from 23 April
- Hamburger Bahnhof Reopening from 13 April
- Haus am Waldsee open
- Körperwelten Berlin open
- Kunsthaus Dahlem open
- Kupferstichkabinett: "Wir heben ab" 13 April
- KINDL -Zentrum für zeitgenössische Kunst open
- Liebermann-Villa am Wannsee: Building closed, garden open from 10 April
- Magicum open
- Mies van der Rohe Haus open
- Museum Barberini Reopening from 17 April
- Museum der Dinge open
- Museum Europäischer Kulturen open
- Museum Kesselhaus Herzberge open
- Museum Neukölln open
- Palais Populaire open
- Tchoban Foundation open
- The Wall Museum | East Side Gallery open
- Van Gogh - The immersive Experience | Station Berlin
Many museums and attractions offer free online tours. HIer you will find an overview of the museums' digital offerings.
Tip: Discover the whole of Berlin as a gigantic open air gallery with the Street Art Special of our ABOUT BERLIN app.
Download now for free for iPhone and Android.
Castles, parks and gardens
Currently, some of the parks and palace gardens are open. You may also visit the botanical gardens in Berlin, provided you observe the distance and hygiene rules. Here you can find an overview of the parks & gardens in Berlin.
- Adventure World Tours they do not take place until April 18
- Air Service Berlin / Helicopter does not offer the world balloon but the sightseeing flights
- Asisi Panorama - Die Mauer open
- Berlin Music Tours they take place
- Disgusting Food Museum
- Foxtrail - Folge der Spur
- Parkeisenbahn Wuhleheide open
- Sea Life Berlin closed
- Tierhof Alt-Marzahn Reopening from 27 April
- Waldhochseilgarten Jungfernheide open
- WOW! Gallery Berlin
- Zitadelle Spandau Museums and grounds open
memorials and churches
- Berliner Dom open
- Denkmal für die ermordeten Juden Europas open, place of information under the stelae field closed until April 24.
- Gedenkstätte Hohenschönhausen renewed closure from April 11
- Gedenkstätte Sachsenhausen closed
- Kaiser-Wilhelm-Gedächtnis-Kirche limited open
- Topographie des Terrors open
Please inquire about the options available on a daily basis:
- Berlin Cityschiffsfahrten
- Reederei Bruno Winkler
- Reederei Hadynski
- Reederei LüdickeBWSG - Berliner Wassersport und Service GmbH:
Guided city tours are currently allowed with restrictions and in compliance with the distance and hygiene rules. One guide may accompany one household at a time, as long as the maximum number of five people is not exceeded. Children under 14 years of age are not counted.
- BEX (City Circle Sightseeing) bookable
- Berlin on Bike bookable
- Berlin Kompakt selection of guided tours
- Eat the World no service until April 18
- Free Berlin Biketours no service, bicycles can be rented
- Insider Tour Berlin selection of guided tours
- Mietrad Nextbike bicycles can be rented
- Original Berlin Walks bookable
- Stadtrundgang durch Berlin bookable
- Stromma Hop on Hop off bookable
Stages and Theaters
- Friedrichstadt-Palast ARISE Grand Show planned from August 7
- Stage Theater des Westens reopening planned for August
- Stage Bluemax Theater reopening planned for August
Currently, you can enjoy live music from Berlin from the comfort of your home via numerous digital and streaming offerings.
Clubs: When can I go dancing again?
Berlin Highlights 2021
Find out what you can look forward to this year in our Berlin Highlights 2021.