On Friday, 12 January, the ADFC invites you to a guided bike tour from the Danish Embassy to the Marzahn-Hellersdorf Tourist Information Office. The 24-kilometre tour will take participants to the opening of the exhibition "Liveable City - 28x Urban Development in Denmark".
The "Wonderful Winter Cycling" bike tour invites interested cyclists to explore the reality and visions for Berlin's cycling infrastructure. The destination of the tour is the opening of the popular exhibition "Liveable City - 28x Urban Development in Denmark" at the Marzahn-Hellersdorf Tourist Information Centre. On the edge of the Gardens of the World, right next to the cable car valley station, visitors can go on a discovery tour through urban Denmark from 13 January to 29 February 2024: From abandoned factory buildings that have been given a new lease of life thanks to creative community involvement, to refurbished social housing neighbourhoods with places for people to meet and integrate, to cycle paths especially for children.
On the opening day, an extensive supporting programme of lectures and discussions will offer different perspectives on cycling and urban space.
Schedule of the cycle tour:
- 10:00 Meeting point in front of the Felleshus of the Nordic Embassies (Rauchstr. 1), short welcome by the Royal Danish Embassy & ADFC (incl. practical tips).
- 10:15 Departure from the Embassy
- 11:00 Stopover at the Rummelsburger Bucht - coffee break and boarding possibility!
- 11:30 Departure from Rummelsburger Bucht
- 12:30 Arrival at the tourist information centre (Hellersdorfer Str. 159)
- 13:00 Opening of the exhibition