Place of surrender in May 1945
A public tour of the Berlin-Karlshorst Museum takes place every first Sunday of the month at 3 p.m.
In what is now the Berlin-Karlshorst Museum, the Second World War ended in Europe on May 8, 1945. Here the commanders-in-chief of the German Wehrmacht signed the unconditional surrender in front of representatives of the Soviet Union, USA, Great Britain and France. The former casino of a Wehrmacht barracks was converted into a Soviet military museum in 1967. After the withdrawal of Soviet troops in 1990-94, the museum was founded in its current form.
The tour offers an overview of the historical site of the surrender on May 8, 1945 and of the entire permanent exhibition “Germany and the Soviet Union in the Second World War”.
The exhibition deals with the war from the perspective of German and Soviet politics, the military and society. In addition to texts, historical photos, everyday objects and written documents, people and their individual stories are presented.
The participation fee is 8 euros / reduced 2 euros / Participation is free for people under 18 years of age.
Reduced price: €2.00