Garden tour with Dr. Verena Wasmuth, Custodian of Chandeliers and Lighting, SPSG
At the end of the 17th century, the glass laboratory of the famous alchemist Johann Kunckel von Löwenstern (c. 1635-1703) was located on Peacock Island. He had received the island as a gift from Elector Friedrich Wilhelm in order to be able to experiment there unobserved.
In return, Kunckel was to produce the precious gold ruby glass and elaborately decorated glass beads here. The latter were used as barter goods in the enslavement and colonial goods trade. During the tour, which ends at the dairy on the east side of the island, the group searches for traces of Kunckel's activities.
Within the framework of the theme year Churfürst - Kaiser - Kolonien
(Program in German)
Reduced price: €10.00