The Megamarsch is Europe's largest long-distance hiking series with 18 events in Germany and one on Mallorca. The goal of the participants is to walk 100 km in 24 hours or 50 km in 12 hours.
For the whole year, a forecast of 32,000 participants is expected, which means that the season can be followed up from 2019 (also 32,000 participants). The largest events are Munich and Hamburg with up to 4,500 participants per event. In addition to the 100/24 and 50/12 formats, the "Megamarsch by Night" format will be held for the first time this year. Here, the participants will walk 50 km only through the night. The kick-off will be in Hamburg on 13.08.2022.
Facts about the Megamarsch
- Challenge for body and mind
- 85% of the participants reach the finish line on average during the 50 km walk.
- 35% of participants finish the 100 on average
- At the finish line you will receive a certificate, a medal and a non-alcoholic finisher beer.
- From 20 km onwards you will receive a certificate at the finish (at the 50 km).
- From 40 KM you will receive a certificate at the finish (100 KM)
- Refreshment stations every 10 or 20 km (depending on format) ‣ (seasonal fruit, vegetables, sandwiches, drinks, etc.)
- Participation from 18 years
Sport Centrum Siemensstadt