It is the "most beautiful organ in Berlin" and is one of the few organs that survived the destruction of the Second World War unscathed.
Between 1947 and 1949, the Alexander Schuke organ building workshop (Potsdam) subjected the organ to extensive changes. The pneumatic action was replaced by an electro-pneumatic one, and the disposition was again aligned with the baroque sound principle. Further adjustments were made in 1957, 1970 and 1985 with the aim of bringing the disposition closer to the original state.
Despite repeated malfunctions in the following years, the severe winter of 1996 caused such severe damage to the organ that further repairs seemed to make little sense. Therefore, the only convincing solution considered was a new building. The renowned Strasbourg organ building workshop Daniel Kern received the contract for this new building in 1999.
The concerts take place under changing themes and with changing renowned organ players.
Admission: 8/5€ with a permit, free up to 18 years of age and in training