Skip to main content

As the successor club of the British Berlin Yacht Club in Berlin-Kladow, the German-British Yacht Club is closely connected with the history of Berlin. Especially during the Berlin blockade in 1948/49, the club site played an important role:

Flugboot auf der Havel während der Berlin-Blockade
Flugboot auf der Havel während der Berlin-Blockade © Crown copyright 1948, reproduced under the terms of the Open Government Licence, published as a courtesy of Air Historical Branch, RAF (GAT R-1831)

West Berlin was supplied with fuel via a pipeline from Gatow airfield to today's harbor, and Sunderland flying boats on the Havel were coordinated from a "tower" on the club grounds and helped supply the population.
Additional information
We do apologize that the following information is currently only available in German.