Fine arts and crafts, an international stage programme against the impressive backdrop of the Konzerthaus and traditional top cuisine in heated tents: The WeihnachtsZauber delights with its luxurious ambience!
The WeihnachtsZauber Christmas market takes place every year at Gendarmenmarkt, one of Berlin’s most beautiful squares. And over a thousand shining Christmas baubles and lights will ensure a festive Christmas atmosphere here. The WeihnachtsZauber at Gendarmenmarkt is the luxurious offering among Berlin’s Christmas markets: in the arts and crafts tent, artists offer fine crafts indoors and in heated tents fans of gourmet cuisine can feast in a festive ambience.
One of Berlin’s most popular Christmas markets
Framed by the Deutscher Dom, the Französischer Dom and the Konzerthaus Berlin the white tent city has been exuding a sophisticated and exclusive ambience for over 20 years. The popular Christmas market attracts more than 600,000 visitors every year.
Discover precious items in the arts and crafts tent
Glass blowers, goldsmiths, candle makers, tailors and many other exhibitors offer their treasures for sale in the heated arts and crafts tent.
In the arts and crafts tent you can also find the WeihnachtsZauberBar, where guests can take a break and enjoy a sip of champagne or other fine wines.
Exclusive culinary delicacies
The WeihnachtsZauber also has a lot to offer you in culinary terms: alongside traditional Bavarian and Austrian dishes such as Neuburger Rahmbrot (bread with melted cheese) or Kaiserschmarren (sweet pancake strips), as well as other Bohemian and Berlin specialities, various gourmet restaurants in heated and wonderfully decorated tents offer all sorts of culinary delights.
International artists and traditional New Year’s Eve fireworks
There are daily performances by renowned international artists on the stage in front of the magnificent Konzerthaus. Musicians, dancers, actors, acrobats and fire performers regularly wow the audience and on New Year’s Eve a DJ gets the crowd dancing.
On 31/12 the Christmas market traditionally ends with the New Year’s Eve celebration and the large fireworks display. Ringing in the New Year at WeihnachtsZauber is a highlight for many visitors!
Highlights of the WeihnachtsZauber at Gendarmenmarkt
- Exquisite gourmet cuisine in numerous heated and festively decorated tents
- Daily stage programme with renowned international artists
- Extraordinary arts and crafts in the heated arts and crafts tent
- Events brought to a close with a big New Year’s Eve party and sensational firework display.
- Historical buildings that shine in the splendour of thousands of Christmas lights
Our tips for your visit to the WeihnachtsZauber at Gendarmenmarkt
Our money-saving tip: Monday to Friday from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm admission is free.
Combine your visit to the WeihnachtsZauber at Gendarmenmarkt with a visit to one of the many museums around Museum Island or a shopping spree in the Mall of Berlin. If you want to feast, make sure you reserve your table in one of the luxurious top restaurant tents. Take a look around for Christmas presents too: In the arts and crafts tent there are many unique treasures to give as Christmas presents.
Opening hours and entrance fees
- Date: November 25 – December 31, 2019
- Opening hours: daily 11:00 am – 10:00 pm, 24/12 11:00 am – 6:00 pm, 31/12 11:00 am – 1:00 am
- Admission: €1, free entrance for children under 12 years, on New Year’s Eve from 9:00 pm €6 (day tickets lose their validity), Monday – Friday 11:00 am -2:00 pm (except on 25 and 26/12) admission is free
- Note: The Christmas market takes place in a closed event area. There is an entrance at each corner of the square. Bag checks are carried out as well as additional body checks on New Year’s Eve. For safety reasons it is not permitted to bring large backpacks, suitcases and trolleys. You can lock them in luggage lockers at the nearest station (Friedrichstraße, Potsdamer Platz, Hauptbahnhof).
Framed by the German Cathedral, the French Cathedral and the Konzerthaus, the WeihnachtsZauber Christmas market is located at Gendarmenmarkt in Berlin-Mitte.Pay and display parking is available in the following car parking buildings: CONTIPARK Tiefgarage Friedrichstadt-Passagen, VINCI Park Friedrichstraße and APCOA Parking Leipzigerstraße. We recommend that you travel by public transport.
- S-Bahn (overground train): S1, S2, S3, S5, S7, S9, S25, S26, S75 Friedrichstraße, S1, S2, S25, S26 Potsdamer Platz
- U-Bahn (underground train): U2 Hausvogteiplatz or Stadtmitte, U6 Französische Str.
- Bus: 147 U Französische Str.
All Berlin Christmas markets at a glance