Berlin’s sportiest Christmas market opens at Potsdamer Platz. Ice skating, tobogganing and drinking mulled wine for a whole month, even after Christmas.
During the Christmas season the historical Potsdamer Platz is hardly recognisable. From 25 November until 26 December it transforms into a sporty Winter World. Numerous sporting winter attractions and stands decorated for Christmas create a magical winter atmosphere at the Christmas market.
Ice skating, curling and toboggan
Potsdamer Platz is one of Berlin’s most famous squares. In the heart of the capital, visitors to the Christmas market can glide round the ice skating rink, try their hand at curling or whiz down the 12-metre-high toboggan run.
Enjoy delicious delicacies - indoor and outdoor
A walk around the Christmas market’s stands is even cosier. The smell of mulled wine, bratwurst and roasted almonds in the air entices you to try some of the market’s culinary delights. In the Schmankerl and Salzburger Stiegl wooden huts you can enjoy Austrian specialities indoors. You can marvel at the handmade art and jewellery at the stands and buy any last-minute Christmas presents.
Highlights of the Winter World and the Christmas market at Potsdamer Platz
- Enjoy Austrian delicacies in the Schmankerl or the Salzburger Stiegl Alm wooden huts
- Free ice skating on the ice rink and free ice skating lessons for children on Saturdays and Sundays
- Toboggan fun: 12-metre-high toboggan run
- Festive live music and DJs create a wintery party atmosphere at the weekend
Tips for your visit to the Winter World and the Christmas market at Potsdamer Platz
With its sporting winter attractions, the Christmas market at Potsdamer Platz is particularly suitable for a visit with the whole family. For all adult Christmas market visitors, live music and DJs provide a winter party atmosphere on weekends. Located directly by the Potsdamer Arkaden and the Mall of Berlin, you can continue your stroll around the Christmas market with a trip to the shopping centre. You are sure to find some last-minute Christmas gifts here.
Opening hours and entrance fees
- Date: 25 November to 5 January 2020
- Opening hours: daily 10:00 am – 10:00 pm, Christmas Eve until 2:00 pm, closed on 17 (Remembrance Day) and 24 November (Sunday for commemorating the dead)
- Admission to the Christmas market is free of charge
- Ice skating rink free of charge, toboggan run €1.50
We recommend travelling by public transport.
You will find car parking spaces in the underground car park of Potsdamer Platz Arkaden or in the Parkhaus Sony Center APCOA.
- S-Bahn (overground train): S1, S2, S25, S26 S+U Potsdamer Platz station
- Bus: 200, M41, M48, M85, N2 S+U Potsdamer Platz station
All Berlin Christmas markets at a glance