Christmas market at the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church
Christmas market in Berlin from 21 November 2022 to 1 January 2023
The Christmas market at the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church invites you to take a leisurely Advent stroll in a unique setting.
The traditional Christmas market at the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church is a peculiarity among Berlin Christmas markets.
Every year the scent of hot red wine punch and a sea of lights float above the 170 historical stands in the heart of City West. In a festive atmosphere, you can admire handmade art, accessories and Christmas decorations and purchase gifts for your loved ones. From hearty Thuringian Rostbratwurst (grilled sausage) to sweet waffles and candied fruit, you will find a whole range of winter delicacies at the market.
Highlights of the Christmas market at the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church
- Santa Claus gives out gifts in person every day
- A carousel and children’s Ferris wheel will make children’s eyes sparkle
- New Year’s Eve ambience at the Christmas market during the New Year’s fireworks display on 31/12 at 6:00 pm, 8:00 pm, 10:00 pm and midnight (tbc)
- Stallholders service in the Memorial Church (tbc)
- wonderful atmosphere in the City West
Our tips for your visit to the Christmas market at the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church
The Christmas market at the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church is one of the few markets that remains open after Christmas. So you can get your new year underway at the Advent market. With a delicious mulled wine from the German Red Cross stall you are supporting their projects with homeless people.
During your visit to the Christmas market, take a look at the landmark of West Berlin: the Memorial Church.
Afterwards soak up the Christmas atmosphere in the city on a walk along Kurfürstendamm, which boasts the longest Christmas lighting area in the world, or get some last-minute Christmas shopping done in the Bikini Berlin or the Europacenter department stores.
Opening hours and entrance fees:
- Date: 21 November 2022 until 1 January 2023
- Opening hours: Sunday to Thursday 11am - 9pm, Friday & Saturday 11am - 10pm, Christmas Eve 11am - 2pm, Christmas Day 1pm - 9pm, 31 December 11am - 8pm, 1 January 1pm - 9pm.
- Admission is free.
We recommend travelling by public transport. Parking is available in the Europacenter multi-storey car park.
- S-Bahn (overground train) S3, S5, S7, S9 Zoologischer Garten
- U-Bahn (underground train) U2, U9 Zoologischer Garten, U1 Kurfürstendamm
- Bus M45, M46, M49, X9, X10, X34, 100, 109, 110, 200, 204, 245, 249 Zoologischer Garten