Berlin’s most romantic Christmas market opens its doors for a weekend. In line with the principle of charity, only charitable and non-profit organisations are present at this unique Christmas market in Berlin.
Nostalgic ambience, traditional delicacies, charitable activities. The Alt-Rixdorf Christmas Market has a great deal of special features in store for you.
As every year, the Alt-Rixdorf Christmas Market invites you on a nostalgic Christmas stroll through the Bohemian Village during the second weekend of Advent. Framed by historical buildings from 1737, the splendour of numerous kerosene lamps makes Richardplatz shine with the charm of bygone times.
Over 150 charitable organisations, associations and federations offer handicrafts, homemade toys and jewellery, homemade decorations made of wood and metal, candles, honey and much more for sale here – with the proceeds going to various charitable projects!
50 years of the fair in the oldest part of Neukölln
For almost 50 years now, the second Advent weekend around the old village smithy on Richardplatz has been marked by the charitable fair. The village of Richardsdorp was founded here way back in 1360. In 1737 the village of Böhmisch-Rixdorf was founded. Buildings from this period such as apartment buildings, the Bethlehem church, the refreshment kiosk and the village smithy frame the historical Christmas market in the oldest part of Neukölln and lend it a nostalgic ambience.
Traditional delicacies and eclectic live music
Culinary delights for visitors include traditional dishes such as barbecued meat, pea or potato soup, waffles, mulled wine and mead, made according to old family recipes. 15 different groups provide entertainment with diverse music and songs on a small stage.
The highlights of the Alt-Rixdorf Christmas Market
- Historical carriage exhibition at the Schöne family carriage company, historical constabulary and old forging art
- Children’s programme: During a visit to Santa Claus and his angels, courageous children can recite poems and in the witch’s house the Christmas witch gives out sweets to children.
- Caspar, Melchior and Balthasar: the three wise men from the East visit the Christmas market on their camels.
- No private or commercial suppliers: only charitable and non-profit exhibitors are present, selling all kinds of treasures at little huts.
- No loud music from loudspeakers, a musical stage programme is there for your entertainment.
Our tips for your visit to the Alt-Rixdorf Christmas Market
Visit the almost 400-year-old smithy and take a handmade horseshoe home with you as a lucky charm. Want to try special delicacies? Then you’ve come to the right place, because the Alt-Rixdorf Christmas Market is said to offer the tastiest mulled wine in town.
Be sure to bring your children to the Christmas market. Various activities for children, such as a visit to Santa Claus or the Christmas witch as well as pony rides will make children’s eyes light up.
If you have some time left, combine your visit to the Alt-Rixdorf Christmas Market with a visit to the museum in the Bohemian Village.
Opening hours and entrance fees
- Date: cancelled
- Opening hours:
- Free admission
Richardplatz is located in the heart of the Richardkiez neighbourhood in Neukölln. We recommend using public transport for your visit.
- S-Bahn (overground train): S41, S42, S45, S46, S47 Neukölln
- U-Bahn (underground train): U7 Karl-Marx-Straße
- Bus: 171, M41, N7 Hertzbergplatz