Ice skating, tower trumpeters and log cabin fun. The wintery Christmas market at Alexanderplatz is just as diverse as our capital.
On one of Berlin’s most famous squares, Christmas anticipation is in the air when from 25 November to 26 December the illuminated wooden stalls turn Alexanderplatz into a winter village scented with chestnuts and punch. The hustle and bustle of the square gives way at this time of year to the cosy, wintery ambience of the Berlin Christmas market.
The largest Ore Mountain pyramid in Europe
The largest Ore Mountain pyramid in Europe with pink lighting is the optical highlight of the Advent market at Alexanderplatz. Enjoy mulled wine and Thuringian bratwurst on the ground floor, while the tower trumpeters on the second floor create a musical Christmas mood. At 100 stands you can admire the artisanal skill of the exhibitors and enjoy culinary delicacies.
Highlights of the Christmas Market at Alexanderplatz
- Ice skating
- Children’s carousel
- Santa Claus party house
- Tower trumpeters in the Ore Mountain pyramid
Tips for your visit to the Christmas market at Alexanderplatz
On the ice rink in the middle of the square, you and your children can do a few relaxing loops or have a go at curling. Come into the warm interior and have a good time at the covered Santa Claus party house.
Combine your Christmas market stroll with a visit to the museums on Museum Island. Or take advantage of the central location and get some last-minute Christmas shopping done in the nearby shops or the Alexa shopping centre.
Opening hours and entrance fees
- Date: 25 November to 26 December 2019, ice rink and Santa Claus party house until 5 January 2020
- Opening hours: Monday to Sunday 10:00 am – 10:00 pm, 24 December from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Free admission.
We recommend travelling by public transport.
- S-Bahn (overground train) S3, S5, S7, S9 S+U Alexanderplatz
- U-Bahn (underground train) U5, U8 S+U Alexanderplatz
- Bus M48, 100 Alexanderplatz/Memhardstraße
- Tram M2, M4, M5, M6 U Alexanderplatz/Memhardstraße
All Berlin Christmas markets at a glance