The atmospheric Advent market at the Domäne Dahlem is the perfect place to escape the hustle and bustle of Christmas in the big city and breathe in the restorative country air.
Traditionally, the historical Domäne Dahlem in southern Berlin invites visitors to the rural Advent market. The child-friendly Christmas market is perfect for pleasant family outings.
For over 30 years, the Advent market has been taking place on the former manor dating back to 1560. For the first opening, the hustle and bustle was limited to the first weekend of Advent. In the meantime, however, its popularity has increased to such an extent that the Advent market now takes place on all four Advent weekends.
Tip: Plan your Christmas evening programme now
Give yourself and your family another very special moment of anticipation for Christmas in Berlin with a glittering Christmas show or a festive concert. We have the most beautiful Christmas events for you. Plan an extraordinary evening after your visit to the Christmas market.
Christmas Events in Berlin
Regional organic products and Christmas tree sales
More than 50 exhibitors sell handicrafts from all over the world at their stands and you will also discover culinary delights: whether handmade nougat or marzipan, hot chestnuts or cheese – and meat specialities – there is plenty to try here. Here, great importance is attached to regional organic products. From the second weekend of Advent, you can also buy Christmas trees from sustainable sources here.
Varied events programme with country charm
Festive brass band music, warming bonfires and pleasant tractor and carriage rides round off the contemplative Christmas experience.
Children can take part in various hands-on activities such as candle-making, painting baubles and pony riding.
Highlights of the Advent market at the Domäne Dahlem
- Hands-on activities for children: Here you can make your own personal Christmas presents!
- An organic market selling regional organic products takes place on Saturdays until 1:00 pm – from the second Advent weekend it has a large organic Christmas tree sale.
- Handmade delicacies such as marzipan, gingerbread and nougat
- Romantic country idyll on the over 450-year-old manor to the south of the capital
- Café in the manor house: rural specialities in the warm interior
Our tips for your visit to the Advent market at the Domäne Dahlem
Bring your children with you, various hands-on activities are waiting for them! Take a ride in a bullock cart or horse-drawn carriage and enjoy the rural flair. Buy your organic Christmas tree here from local certified sources. From 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm you can visit the Domäne Dahlem Museum and hear stories about the cultural history of food. You can also watch artisans at work in the farm’s own workshops!
Sustainability and social commitment
- Advent market in the open-air museum and organic farm
- Lighthouse project for innovative educational work
- Handmade handicrafts from the region
- Self-made delicacies
Opening hours and prices
- Dates: all four Advent weekends 2022
- Opening hours: 11 am – 7 pm each day
- Admission: Adults: €3, reduced: €1 (students, trainees, Berlin Pass holders or severely disabled persons), free admission for children up to 12 years!
The Domäne Dahlem is located in the south-west of Berlin in the district of Steglitz-Zehlendorf near the Botanical Garden.
- Parking is possible in the visitor car park
- U-Bahn (underground train): U3 Dahlem-Dorf
- Bus: 110 Domäne Dahlem, M11, N3, X83 Dahlem-Dorf