Enjoy romantic Christmas moments at one of Berlin's prettiest Christmas markets: the Späth'schen Baumschulen cordially invite you to the Christmas market once again this year.
Even from afar you can hear the atmospheric music from the large stage in the courtyard. Everything is aglow with lights. Look forward to a festive atmosphere and a wonderful ambience in a historic setting. Even Father Christmas will drop by accompanied by his Christmas angel.
Christmas market with historical atmosphere
Founded in 1720 by Christoph Späth, the plant nursery was initially a fruit and vegetable nursery. Around 1900 it was the largest plant nursery in the world with an area of over 225 hectares. The famous Späth-Arboretum opened in 1879. For many years, the Christmas market has formed part of gardening tradition.
On more than 100 lovingly decorated stands, craftsmen, jewellery designers and natural goods workshops offer their products for sale. In addition to wooden toys, Christmas tree decorations and rocking horses, or decorations for the house and garden, you can also discover art from the Ore Mountains, fine culinary delicacies and beautiful things to wear as well as buy your Christmas tree. Here you will surely find unique Christmas gifts for your loved ones.Experience a pre-Christmas Advent weekend like something out of a picture book. Stroll through the fir forest and choose your favourite tree from the numerous spruces, pines and Nordmann firs.
Tip: Plan your Christmas evening programme now
Give yourself and your family another very special moment of anticipation for Christmas in Berlin with a glittering Christmas show or a festive concert. We have the most beautiful Christmas events for you. Plan an extraordinary evening after your visit to the Christmas market.
Christmas Events in Berlin
You can also discover lots of culinary delights here: hearty kale, vegan goulash, homemade game boulettes, farmhouse bread, Ukrainian Solyanka and other delicacies can be tasted. Thuringian fruit mulled wine, vintner’s mulled wine, Swedish Glögg, hot chocolate and children's punch will warm you up from the inside. Again and again you will find campfires and open fireplaces on the grounds, where you can enjoy the Christmas treats and warm up.
Children's programme with fairy tales and music
The Monbijou-Theater will perform open-air on the big stage. The ensemble and the storyteller Ellen Luckas bring the most beautiful fairy tales of the Brothers Grimm to life, of course musically framed and accompanied. Explore the historic nursery grounds with your children on a horse-drawn carriage ride. And don't forget to stop by the handmade Christmas cot.
Diverse stage programme
Various bands on the big stage provide top-class entertainment. In the stage programme brimming with surprises, hosted by rbb 88.8 presenter Ingo Hoppe, the bands play everything from classical Christmas songs to modern songs. The programme will take place on weekends, 2 and 3 December, 9 and 10 December, 16 and 17 December.
Programme overview (2022)
- Stage at the historic Packhalle:
- on all days from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. with Ingo Hoppe from rbb 88,8 with raffles, audience competitions and Christmas surprises.
- The live bands in the concert programme will be announced in early November
- Fire performance by the Fire Octopus at 7 p.m. (on all days)
- Children's programme with fairy tales and music:
- Monbijou Theatre Fairy tales by the Brothers Grimm for children: 12 noon - 1 pm - 2 pm ( on all days) with
- Fairytale tent
- Storyteller Ellen Luckas tells Christmas tales with accordion and song 2.30 p.m. - 3.30 p.m. - 4.30 p.m. (all days)
- Music under the decorated Christmas tree, 4 to 7 p.m.
- Father Christmas Horn Quartet and the Berlin Brass Trio (alternating on all days)
- Large Gardener's Foliage Tent
- All-day Christmas crafts for children and adults (all days)
Highlights of the Christmas market in the Späth'schen Baumschulen
- Extensive stage programme
- Concerts with live bands
- Glow of lights on historic grounds
- Children's programme with fairy tales and music
- Horse-drawn carriage rides
- Craft tent and Christmas crib
- Campfire and open fire to warm up
- Large selection of Christmas trees
- Particular culinary specialities
- Large selection of unusual gift ideas
- Herb Winter Garden
Our tips for your visit to the Christmas market in the Späth'schen Baumschulen
Buy your Christmas tree here. With Nordmann firs, pines and red spruces, there is a large selection of trees. You might alos choose between dwarf pines and dwarf spruces with root balls, which you can place permanently in tubs on your terrace, or large Nordmann firs for transplanting into the garden.
The entrances to the Christmas markets are located on Ligusterweg, Späthstraße and Königsheideweg.
Opening hours and entrance fees
- Dates: on the first three Advent weekends 2023 (2/3 December, 9/10 December and 16/17 December 2023)
- Opening hours: Saturday and Sunday 11am-8pm, Monday to Friday also Christmas tree sale (no Christmas market)
- Admission: €8, children up to 16 years free of charge, reduced admission of 5 euros for pupils, students and trainees up to 28 years of age and guests with a severely disabled pass.
The entrance fees go towards the preservation of the historic site. The admission ticket is also a discount voucher when buying a Christmas tree.
The Späth’schen Baumschulen are located in the borough of Treptow-Köpenick in southeast Berlin. If you arrive by car you will find a large car park on Ligusterweg.
We recommend travelling by public transport.
- Bus: 170, 265 Baumschulenstr./Königsheideweg