The Barberini Palace was destroyed in 1945 shortly before the end of the Second World War.
Please note: The current opening and closing hours and special hygiene rules for the Covid-19 are available on this website.
Its historic façade has now been restored and the building is now home to the Museum Barberini. The Italianate town house now host exhibitions of modern art and be the home of Hasso Plattner's collection, which includes many Impressionist works. The collection will form the heart of exhibitions ranging from the Old Masters to the 21st century. Additional collections encompass works from American modern art, the former German Democratic Republic, and pieces created after 1989. The exhibition space covers 2,200 sqm and extends over three floors. In addition, a café with 50 seats, a museum shop, a museum education room, and a lecture hall with seating for 200 are planned. Since 2013, the Hasso Plattner Förderstiftung has financed the current reconstruction and will continue to be the museum’s sole supporting entity.
Opening hours (additional information)