About a quarter of all valuables lost in Berlin turn up again at the "Zentrale Fundbüro" (Central Lost and Found Office). That amounts to app. 25,000 lost items per year – from fat wallets to bulky wheelchairs. Those who have lost their possessions in the metropolis of several million will benefit from a very good service in Berlin. You can even search for your lost ID per Internet from the comfort of your hotel. Furthermore, the employees of six lost-and-found offices will be happy to help you over the phone or in person. Basically, all public offices, police stations as well as dedicated lost-and-found offices of the Berliner Verkehrsbetriebe (BVG), the airports and the Deutsche Bahn will take in lost items. With such a great number of receiving offices it may of course take a while before item to arrives at the Central Lost-and-Found Office. Therefore: don’t give up hope and ask again in a few days. The office keeps all valuables for six months.
- Zentrales Fundbüro (Gerenal Lost & Found) Platz der Luftbrücke 6 12101 Berlin-Tempelhof Telephone 030/90277 3101
- BVG-Fundbüro (Public Transport Lost & Found) Rudolfstraße 1 - 8 (near S-Bahn Warschauer Straße) 10245 Berlin, BVG-Callcenter: 030/19 449
- Lost bicycles at the Deutsche Bahn/S-Bahn: Bahnhof Zoo Office Telephone: 030/29 74 93 22
- Lost Animals Tiersammelstelle (on the premises of the animal shelter) Hausvaterweg 39 13057 Berlin (Falkenberg) Telephone 030/76 888-201 or -203
- BER: Berlin Brandenburg Airport (Fundbüro Beyer Sprach- & Airport Service), Terminal A, ground floor, Tel. 030/34 39 75 33