On January 21, 1853, the founding of the Jerusalem Association was announced in the Berlin Cathedral, which had been redesigned by Friedrich Schinkel. In this way, a modern formulation of the external mission by the Evangelical Church reaches a new dimension in the area around the Berlin Palace. As early as February 29, 1824, a civil society milieu had come together around the young Berlin University to found the Berlin Missionary Society.
This city tour between the Berlin Cathedral, the dome over the Eosander portal of the Berlin Palace, the building yard, the university and the Dorotheenstadt Church explores and remembers the traces of an urban neighborhood in which the Berlin Mission was created through conversations. Inscriptions, transcriptions and transcriptions accompany the kaleidoscope of thoughts on the mission.