Israeli-German Festival: Music – Poetry – Art
Together with around 120 artists and performers from Israel, Germany and the USA, it offers a varied programme of theatre, concerts, interactive formats, workshops and exhibitions.
- In a staged reading, the question of the end of poetry is addressed in the light of current events, while the immersive concert experience "BECOME CHOIR" uses art to search for ways to overcome post-war trauma.
- In the philosophical cabaret entitled "ARETZ: Altneuland the Sequel?", the end of the Zionist dream in the sense of the writer and publicist Theodor Herzl is up for debate and the interactive exhibition "Smoke and Mirrors" focusses on both the end of democracy and the possible end of human art through intelligent machines.
- In addition, the Jaffa Theatre is represented with the play "Shampoo Queen", which was controversial in Israel at the time.
- Miri Ben-Ari and the gospel choir Symphony of Brotherhood take a joint look at the bond between black and Jewish communities in the USA, which is rooted in the experience of oppression and persecution.
- Artistic direction: Ohad Ben-AriProduction, Juan Harcha and Esther-Marie Merz
- Press and PR: Sarah Rosenau
- Social Media: Anastasia Shevchenko
- Graphic design and concept: Luca Bogoni
- The detailed programme will be published from mid-February 2024.
- Tickets go on sale on 18 January 2024.