during BERLIN ART WEEK 2023
47 galleries of Gallery Weekend Berlin will present the GALLERY WEEKEND FESTIVAL, curated by Sandra Teitge, for the first time on two days during BERLIN ART WEEK 2023. They invite you to openings of their exhibitions of contemporary positions.
With the presentation of emerging artists to established positions, they underline Berlin's importance as an international gallery location.
The extensive programme ded GALLERY WEEKEND FESTIVAL offers readings, performances, sounds, screenings and installations throughout the city as well as a party with various DJ sets.
- For example, Leyla Yenirce (Galerie Capitain Petzel), Raphaela Vogel (BQ) or Nicholas Grafia with Mikołaj Sobczak (Peres Projects) will present performances.
- Pauline Curnier Jardin (ChertLüdde), Cemile Sahin (Esther Schipper), Kandis Williams (Heidi) and Loretta Fahrenholz (Galerie Buchholz) are among others in the screening programme.
- In City West, in direct proximity to the Charlottenburg galleries, the festival opens up the possibility space for artistic interventions and presentations.
- Studio Mondial, the former Hotel Mondial at Kurfürstendamm 47, will host the GALLERY WEEKEND FESTIVAL. Since its closure in 2022, the house, built in 1981 as one of the first barrier-free hotels in Europe, now makes an important contribution to the appropriation and cultural revitalisation of places as Studio Mondial.
Sandra Teitge is a curator and cultural worker born in East Berlin, part of the curatorial team of "Kunst im Untergrund" and co-founder of the platform GOSSIP. In 2021/22 she was Head of Public Program at CCA Berlin - Center for Contemporary Arts, where she initiated and curated numerous exhibitions as well as the concert series "Four Seasons".
GALLERY WEEKEND FESTIVAL - Participating galleries and artists:
Bastian, Damien Hirst / Guido W. Baudach, Andy Hope / BQ, Raphaela Vogel / Galerie Buchholz, Melvin Edwards / Buchmann, Bettina Pousttchi / Capitain Petzel, Ragen Moss / ChertLüdde, My Demons My Angels, group show / Mehdi Chouakri, Heidi Bochnig, Venus und Sonne im 10. group show / Contemporary Fine Arts, Maki Na Kamura / Crone Berlin, Eckart Hahn / Dittrich & Schlechtriem, Fatma Shanan / Ebensperger, Jan St. Werner / Efremidis, Cécile Lempert, Na Kim / Galerie Eigen + Art, David Schnell / Eigen + Art Lab, Vanessa Opoku / Konrad Fischer Galerie, Gregor Schneider, David Douard / Galerie Friese, Claire de Santa Coloma, Anna Leonhardt /Heidi, Mimosa Echard / Max Hetzler, Paul McCarthy, Rudolf Stingel, Richard Prince, Albert Oehlen, Beatriz Milhazes / Hua International, Gordon Hall / Galerie Judin, Alexander Basil / Kewenig, Kimsooja, Mimmo Rotella, Manuel Wroblewski, Johanna Dumet / Klemm's, Bernard Piffaretti / Klosterfelde Edition, Wilhelm Klotzek / KOW, Anna Ehrenstein, Peter Friedl / Kraupa-Tuskany Zeidler, Taina Cruz / Levy Galerie, Daniel Mohr / alexander levy, Sinta Werner / Meyer Riegger, Jana Schröder / Galerie Molitor, Penny Goring, Ketuta Alexi-Meskhishvili / Galerie Neu, Klara Lidén / neugerriemschneider, Cevdet Erek, Noa Eshkol, Ai Weiwei / Michel Majerus Estate, Fuck, group show / Galerie Nordenhake, Lap-See Lam / Galerie Georg Nothelfer, Inventory, archiv Sander I Schaal, group show / Toni Mauersberg / Peres Projects, Joseph Awuah-Darko, Ba Ousmane, Maku Azu, Mobolaji Ogunrosoye / Plan B, Israel Hershberg / PSM, Nathan Peter / Crooked Teeth, group show / Esther Schipper, Anicka Yi, Ugo Rondinone / Galerie Thomas Schulte, Juan Uslé, Willem de Rooij / Société, Jeanette Mundt / Soy Capitán, Grace Weaver / Sprüth Magers, Bernd & Hilla Becher, Nora Turato, Pamela Rosenkranz / Sweetwater, Bill Walton / Galerie Barbara Thumm, Antonio Paucar / Tanja Wagner, Elisa Giardina Papa / Galerie Barbara Weiss, Monika Baer / Wentrup, Phoebe Boswell / Galerie Michael Werner, Maki Na Kamura
- The GALLERY WEEKEND FESTIVAL is supported by the Senate Department for Economy, Energy and Business. We would also like to thank our partner BMW for their long-standing support.
GALLERY OPENINGS BY GALLERY WEEKEND BERLIN
- 15. SEPTEMBER 2023, 18 – 21 UHR
- GALLERY WEEKEND FESTIVAL 16. – 17. SEPTEMBER 2023
The galleries will be open on both Friday and Saturday during their regular opening hours between 11am and 6pm, with an additional opening on Friday evening until 9pm.