The political book festival & winter market
Under the title Happy Festival, Heimathafen Neukölln is organizing events around books and politics on December 2nd and 3rd in cooperation between Heimathafen Neukölln, the ZEIT publishing group, Holtzbrinck Berlin and other partners.
In the wintry season, they present authors, celebrate literature and discuss socio-political issues.
Experience newcomers as well as well-known authors live on the stages of the Heimathafen, have your book signed, listen to texts read by authors and be inspired: Because new thinking often starts with reading!
Between panel talks, readings, snacks and small stands with books and other gift ideas, the focus is on literature, politics and togetherness.
Saturday, December 2nd, 2023
- from 3:00 p.m. admission & opening winter market (continuous until 8:00 p.m.)
- 4:00 p.m. “What we read” – author talk
- 6:00 p.m. “Hate & Ugliness”
- 8:00 p.m. Live Podcast: “The Politics Part”
Sunday, December 3rd, 2023
- From 1:00 p.m. entry & opening winter market (continuous until 6:00 p.m.)
- 2:00 p.m. The new Iron Curtain – Russia's war in Ukraine
- 4:00 p.m. “Narratives from East Germany”
- 6:00 p.m. “International Feminism” (ENG)
- 6:00 p.m. Reading and discussion – “Sons of Freedom” (Studio)
We do apologize that the following information is currently only available in German.