Eight pianists - infinite talent. In an evening featuring six Piano Concertos, selected young talents from the Fiestravaganza International Music Academy (FIMA) join Berlin-based Singaporean Pianist Shaun Choo and the Camerata Fiestravaganza under the baton of Evan-Alexis Christ.
FIMA is Berlin's first major piano summer academy, made possible through the collaboration with
Bechstein Music World Singapore, C. Bechstein and the Carl Bechstein Foundation.
Among the supporters of this initiative are the Singapore National Arts Council, Singapore Embassy Berlin and the German-Chinese Association for Cultural Exchange. FIMA provides young pianists from abroad, particularly from the Asia-Pacific region, a variety of opportunities that are otherwise difficult to obtain at the start of their careers. Participants will gain recognition through numerous solo performances and even get to perform with orchestra, while working with renowned instructors and guest speakers via the masterclasses/seminars offered.
Camerata Fiestravaganza brings together nearly 40 talented musicians from diverse cultures and
ethnicities, the majority of which are current students from the three major Universities of music in Berlin – Universität der Künste, Hochschule für Musik Hans Eisler and Barenboim-Said Akademie.
Concert with Piano & Orchestra.
Soloist: Shaun Choo, Conductor: Evan-Alexis Christ
- F. Liszt – Piano Concerto No. 1 in E-flat major, S. 124 (1st & 4th Mvt.)
- L.v. Beethoven – Piano Concerto No. 1 in C major, Op. 15 (1st. Mvt.)
- L.v. Beethoven – Piano Concerto No. 2 in B-flat major, Op. 19 (1st Mvt.)
- L.v. Beethoven – Piano Concerto No. 3 in c minor, Op. 37 (1st Mvt.)
- W.A. Mozart – Piano Concerto No. 21 in C major, K. 467
- F. Liszt – Piano Concerto No. 2 in A major, S. 125