Holy shit, Christmas is just around the corner! If you are looking for an unconventional Christmas market experience in the capital as an alternative to the usual, traditional Christmas markets, then Holy Shit Shopping is a must-visit!
Attention: This year you will find the offers of Holy Shit Shopping only ONLINE
Every year on the second Advent weekend it is that time again: Holy Shit Shopping transforms ARENA BERLIN into a creative urban department store. This Christmas market, which apart from mulled wine has little to do with classic Christmas markets, is one of the highlights in the lead up to Christmas in the capital. Instead of Christmas music, nostalgic lighting and roasted almonds, Holy Shit Shopping brings irony, art and design to the fore.
Pre-Christmas pop-up department store for 16 years
The "Mother of all designer Christmas markets" has been taking place since 2004. It all started with a small designer market in the legendary Café Moskau. Today, pre-Christmas Berlin would be unimaginable without Holy Shit Shopping. More than 15,000 people visit the pop-up department store every year which takes place over 6,500 square metres at ARENA BERLIN. As a location, the former Allgemeine Omnibus AG bus depot perfectly suits the organisers’ concept, where contemporary design is combined with old industrial architecture.
Hand-picked designers and artists
300 selected international designers and artists offer their very creative and high-quality lifestyle products at Holy Shit Shopping over two days. If you are looking for those very special Christmas gifts, then come and live it up here. Fashion, jewellery, furniture, art, literature, photography: here you are sure to find something for you and your loved ones!
Street food to Berlin beats
While you’re here, you can enjoy seasonal street food, mulled wine, beer and schnapps in lounges and bars, and soak up the ambience of contemporary design and the industrial building that is ARENA BERLIN alongside the beats of Berlin’s DJs.
Highlights of the Holy Shit Shopping Christmas market
- More pop-up designer department store than classic Christmas market
- Over 300 hand-picked designers and artists
- Contemporary design meets old industrial romanticism
- Unconventional indoor Christmas shopping
- Winter-themed street food
Our tips for your visit to Holy Shit Shopping
Book your ticket in advance conveniently online at holyshitshopping.de/tickets. If you can’t find what you are looking for at the market itself, then browse the Holy Shit Shopping online shop at holyshit.shop.
Combine your shopping trip with a stroll along the Spree: the Molecule Man, the Oberbaum Bridge as well as the East Side Gallery are not far from ARENA BERLIN, while Kreuzberg and Friedrichshain have a number of shops and restaurants worth discovering.
Sustainability and social commitment
- Selected exhibitors primarily from Berlin and the surrounding area
- Focus on fair and sustainably produced goods
- Many social enterprises among the exhibitors
Opening hours and prices
- Date: 7 and 8 December 2019
- Opening hours: Saturday 12:00 pm – 9:00 pm, Sunday 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Admission: €5 (online or at the box office)
The Christmas market is located at ARENA BERLIN, between Kreuzberg and Treptow on the Spree river. If you’re coming by car: Pay and display parking at the Park Center Treptow. We recommend travelling by public transport.
- S-Bahn (overground train): S8, S9, S42, S85 to S-Bahn station Treptower Park
- U-Bahn (underground train): U1 to U-Bahn station Schlesisches Tor
- Bus: 104, 194, 265, N65 to Eichenstraße/Puschkinallee stop