Enchanting illuminations and wandering in a sea of lights: The Christmas Garden Berlin transports you to a winter wonderland.
Please note: The 2G rule and mandatory masks apply at all Christmas markets.
Every Christmas, the Botanical Garden is transformed into a sparkling fairytale land. Far away from the Christmas hustle and bustle of the city centre, this Christmas market of a special kind invites you to take a quiet and contemplative stroll. Elaborate light installations take those visiting the Christmas Garden Berlin on a magical journey to a winter wonderland.
Inspired by Christmas at Kew
Modelled on Christmas at Kew in the Royal Botanic Gardens in London, the Christmas Garden Berlin opened its doors for the first time in 2016 and has evolved into one of the highlights of the Berlin Christmas season in only a short time.
You can immerse yourself in a sea of lights consisting of around 30 vibrant illuminations on the 90-minute tour. According to the new hygiene standards the Christmas Garden Berlin also offers culinary Christmas favourites such as mulled wine, hot chocolate, röstis, quark balls and much more.
Highlights of the Christmas Garden Berlin
- Fairytale books: A weeping beech over 100 years old is transformed into a glowing fairytale tree.
- Field of Lights: The vast sea of lights inspires young and old alike
- Wish tree: With its widely spread, glowing branches, the wish tree invites children and adults to hang their wishes on it. Perhaps they will come true?
- Lake America: The small lake takes centre stage with its magical light installations.
Our tips for your visit to the Christmas Garden Berlin
Plan your visit: book your ticket conveniently online in advance and use the fast lane at your chosen admission time. Don’t worry, you don’t have to leave the garden after an hour. Enjoy the Christmas Garden Berlin until 10:00 pm. By the way: the Christmas Garden Berlin is busiest on weekends and before 6:30 pm.
The darker it is, the better the light installations come into their own. So don’t come till late!
Whether young or old: The Christmas Garden Berlin is a real highlight for all visitors. Well constructed paths also ensure that it is easily accessible with pushchairs or wheelchairs. But remember to wrap up warm. All light installations are located outdoors.
Don’t have time for a visit during the pre-Christmas rush? Don’t worry, the Christmas Garden Berlin is open until January!
Combine your visit to the Christmas Garden with a visit to the Museum of Asian Art or the Museum of European Cultures. And when the visit is over? Share your experiences using the hashtag #christmasgarden.
Opening hours and entrance fees
- Date: 16 November 2022 - 15 January 2023
- Opening hours: daily 16:30 - 22 h, last admission 20:30 h, closed: 21/22/28/29 November and 24 and 31 December 2021.
- Admission prices (partly cheaper in November):
- Normal price (Mon - Thu): 20.50 €, (Fri - Sun): 22.50 €, 19 Dec - 01 Jan 24.50 €.
- FlexTicket (Mon - Thu): 30.50 €, (Fri-Sun): 30.50 €, 9.12 - 01.01. 30.50 €
- Children (6 -14 years) and reduced*: Mon - Thu: €16, Fri-Sun: €18, 19.12. - 01. 01. €20
- Seniors over 65 and students: Mon - Thurs: 16 € Fri - Sun normal price, 19 Dec - 01 Jan normal price.
- Family ticket** (Mon - Thu): 56 €, (Fri - Sun): 62.50 €, 19. - 01. 01. 63 €
- (**Up to 5 persons: a) 2 adults and up to 3 children aged 6 to 14 inclusive or b) 1 adult and up to 4 children aged 6 to 14 inclusive)
- Admission is free for children under 6 years!
The Christmas Garden Berlin is located in the Botanical Garden in Berlin-Lichterfelde. Unfortunately, the Botanical Garden does not have parking, but can be easily reached by bus, S-Bahn (overground train) and U-Bahn (underground train). If you arrive by car, there are also several multi-storey car parks in the vicinity that are subject to charges. We recommend travelling by public transport.
- S-Bahn(overground train): S1 Botanischer Garten
- U-Bahn (underground train): U3 Dahlem Dorf
- Bus: M48 Unter den Eichen/Botanischer Garten, X83 Königin-Luise-Platz/Botanischer Garten, Metrobus M48, entrance: Unter den Eichen 5-10, ExpressBus X83, bus 101, entrance: Königin-Luise-Platz