Many good things are bubbling, crackling, and hissing in Berlin kitchens. Star chefs and creative types are experimenting with local ingredients and exotic spices. You've never tasted anything quite like this. It's time to try some new things in Berlin!
1. Street food and market halls
Thai tapioca dumplings and Nigerian fufu are now on your menu and can be found in the city's market halls and open-air street food markets. There you'll also discover the finest pulled pork, fresh fish, and airy breads from Italy. Right in your hand, ready to enjoy on the spot:
- Streetfood Thursday, Markthalle Neun, Kreuzberg
- Market history in Arminiusmarkthalle, Moabit
- Street food on the move in the Kulturbrauerei, Prenzlauer Berg
The ultimate street food guide for Berlin with all locations can be found on our blog .
2. Germany's Gourmet Capital
The 2017 edition of the Michelin restaurant guide has added more stores to Berlin's culinary heavens. Eighteen restaurants were awarded a total of 25 stars, eleven with one and seven with two, clearly making Berlin Germany's gourmet capital. An overview of the city's gourmet restaurants can be found here
3. From A as in Aubergine to Z as in Zucchini
"The world comes to Berlin" is a statement that not only applies to football. The countless restaurants in Berlin offer dishes prepared from every imaginable ingredient and from every region in the world. Our overview.
It's hard to make a choice, of course. So let's help you: get a Berlin WelcomeCard for your trip to the city. Not only does it include unlimited transport, it also includes discounts at 200 plus places, including 22 selected restaurants and cocktail lounges!
4. Berlin Cuisine
Hearty, regional, filling: that's traditional Berlin cuisine. Currywurst, pork knuckle, and potatoes are at the top of the menu in the city's brew pubs and restaurants, all served up with a bit of Berlin attitude. Berlin cuisine: a legendary experience.
5. Food events
- International Green Week Berlin 2018: 1,500 exhibitors from around the world invite you to taste typical products from their countries. 19 – 28 January 2018, City Cube Berlin
- eat! Berlin is the capital's gourmet festival. 23 February – 4 March 2018, across the city.
- Green Market Berlin is Berlin's first vegan lifestyle market. Street food, cooking demonstrations, and presentations show you how make vegan foods even tastier. 16 / 17 September and 16 / 17 December 2017, Agora Rollberg.