In 1930, Max Konnopke, the son of a farmer, decided to become a sausage seller. Off he went with sausage boiler, folding table and umbrella, later also with a motorcycle. Sausage Max’s customers were night drifters and workers. In 1947, Max established his first sausage wagon. In 1960, he opened an imbiss joint on Schönhauser Allee. Today, his daughter leads the regiment at Berlin’s oldest imbiss stall.