Important information pursuant to Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for the booking of tourist services (tickets, events, hotel room reservations, etc.)
To be able to offer or arrange tourist services for you, we need to collect personal data in individual cases. Normally these will be your surname and first name and the desired service period. Only in cases where it is essential (e.g. in the case of hotel room reservations) do we collect further personal data (e.g. address and contact details and payment data to secure your booking).
Our entitlement to do so is based on Art. 6 (1) letters a to c GDPR, according to which we are authorised to collect, store and transmit personal data if the data subject has consented to the data processing or a contract or legal obligation is to be fulfilled. If you purchase a tourist card (Berlin WelcomeCard, Berlin City Tour Card), you conclude the contract directly with Berlin Tourismus & Kongress GmbH as the provider. All other tourist offers are external services which we arrange on behalf and for the account of the respective tourist service providers.
After we have issued you a booking confirmation or printed out the relevant tickets/ticket vouchers, your data will be transmitted to the respective service provider/supplier if external services are utilised. To the extent necessary, personal data will also be transferred to in-house departments such as bookkeeping, accounting, purchasing and IT at Berlin Tourismus & Kongress GmbH.
Berlin Tourismus & Kongress GmbH and the service providers involved will store your data until the contract has been fulfilled and settled, unless we are obliged to store your data for a longer period for reasons of warranty rights which you may have or due to retention periods under fiscal and commercial law. In the case of a purchase contract, the warranty period is generally 2 years. The retention period for accounting records is 10 years pursuant to Section 147 (1) of the German Fiscal Code (AO) and 6 years for other business documents pursuant to Section 257 (1) of the German Commercial Code (HGB).
You have the following rights with respect to the data collection:
- pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR, to request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you may request information about the purposes of the processing, the category of the personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the envisaged storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection to processing, the existence of a right to complain, the source of your data, if these were not collected by us, and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if required, meaningful information about their details;
- pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR, to demand the immediate rectification of inaccurate personal data and completion of incomplete personal data concerning you which is stored by us;
- pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR, to demand the erasure of your personal data stored with us, unless the processing is necessary for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR, to restrict the processing of your personal data if you dispute the accuracy of the data, or if the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the personal data and request restriction instead, or if we no longer need the data, but you require it for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, or if you have lodged an objection to processing pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR;
- pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR, to receive the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to demand their transmission to another controller;
- pursuant to Art. 7 (3) GDPR, to withdraw your consent given to us at any time. As a result, we will no longer be allowed to continue processing the data based on this consent in the future; and
- pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR, to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The contact details of the supervisory authority responsible for us can be found in the following.
Controller responsible for data processing
Berlin Tourismus & Kongress GmbH, Am Karlsbad 11, D-10785 Berlin is the controller as defined in Art. 4 No. 7 GDPR. Registered at the District Court of Berlin-Charlottenburg under Commercial Register number 48652, Managing Director: Burkhard Kieker, Tel. +49 (0)30 250025, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact details of the data protection officer:
AMD TÜV Arbeitsmedizinische Dienste GmbH, Herr Oliver Gröger, Alboinstraße 56 , 12103 Berlin
Furthermore, you have the option of complaining to the supervisory authority:
Berlin Representative for Data Protection and Freedom of Information, Ms. Maja Smoltczyk, Friedrichstr. 219, D-10969 Berlin; Tel.: +49 (0)30 13889-0, Fax: +49 (0)30 2155050 Email: email@example.com
For further information, please refer to our privacy statement, which we will make available to you directly prior to completion of the booking process.