Instead of colourful parasols, sparkling lights attract visitors to Lake Orankesee during Advent. For the second time, the Orankeslichter cultural Christmas market transforms the Orankesee lido into a magical Christmas world. The smell of roasted almonds and mulled wine wafts through the air. And a Swedish fire flickers on the beach.
Stroll past under the atmospherically lit trees across the fine sandy beach. Stalls with Christmas offers, handicrafts and handmade gifts are spread all over the grounds. Food trucks tempt you with culinary delicacies and a colourful cultural programme provides atmosphere and entertainment from the afternoon into the evening.
Cultural programme and live concerts
Highlights of the extensive programme are the breathtaking fire performance with the Propane Punk Circus and guests from Prague. On the Rock'n'Roll Pickup Truck Stage there will be Swingin' Christmas by Lenard Streicher, Country Christmas songs by Alistair Christl, Yusuf Sahilli, Dancing Christmas with Dance Depot, Christmas Island with actress and singer Antje Rietz, and evergreens with the Lichtenberg local heroes Komponistenviertel. And at the Orankelichter Christmas Karaoke Singing you can even take to the microphone yourself.
You can also look forward to the LED and fire show with Entourage and an ambitious children's programme every evening. The fairy-tale opera "Hansel and Gretel" will be performed by singers from the Komische Oper Berlin, the Leipzig Opera and the Rundfunkchor Berlin. Jeronimo will tell Christmas stories in the fairytale tent. And the association Kinder an die Macht invites you to do handicrafts in the Advent workshop. The classic Christmas film "3 Nüsse für Cinderella" will also be shown on the second Advent.
The highlights of the Orankelichter
- Fire show
- Swedish bonfire on the beach
- Fairytale hut & children's programme
- Fairytale opera "Hansel & Gretel "
- Live concerts & karaoke
Our tips for visiting the Orankelichter
- Date: on the first three Advent weekends 2023 (2/3 December, 9/10 December and 16/17 December 2023)
- Opening hours: Friday 2 December 5pm - 9pm, Saturday & Sunday 2pm - 9pm
- Admission: 3 euros
Opening hours and admission fees
- Exception: on 16 December, tickets including the show by Propane Punk Circus from Prague (5 - 9 p.m.) cost 10 euros in advance, 15 euros at the box office
- Children up to and including 6 years of age are always admitted free of charge
- Family ticket for 2 adults and 2 children including four free hot drinks: 16 euros
- M4 Buschallee | Hansastraße
- M5 Freienwalder Straße
- M13 Betriebshof Indira-Gandhi-Straße
- M27 Stadion Buschallee/Suermondtstraße