Jefta van Dinther
Berlin-based choreographer Jefta van Dinther breaks down our human drive to revive and the yearning to relive in a strippeddown choreography of body and voice. In this durational performance, ten dancers uncover the body’s boundless mental and physical resourcefulness.
The audience is summoned into the intensity of repetition and invited to linger in the sweetness of introspection. “Unearth” digs into the body as material, while exposing both social and spiritual constructs of kinship, purpose and mortality.
Choreography Jefta van Dinther
- By & with Juan Pablo Camara, Emeka Ene, Leah Katz, Gyung Moo Kim, Leah Marojevic, Dana Pajarillaga, Manon Parent, Roger Sala Reyner, Thomas Zamolo, Jefta van Dinther
- Costume design Cristina Nyffeler
- Voice coach Doreen Kutzke
- Choreography assistance Thomas Zamolo
- Artistic advisement Gabriel Smeets, Maja Zimmermann
Production: Jefta van Dinther. Production Management: Uta Engel, Romy Hansford-Gerber. Distribution: Key Performance. Administration: Jefta van Dinther (DE), Interim kultur AB (SE). Co-production: Norrlandsoperan Umeå. The research phase of "Unearth" is funded by the Swedish Arts Coucil. Funded by: Senate Department for Culture and Europe. Jefta van Dinther is funded by TANZPAKT Stadt-Land-Bund, supported by the German federal states and the federal government commissioner for culture and the media.In cooperation with Kultur Büro Elisabeth.