Medieval hustle and bustle and beautiful arts and crafts await you at one of Berlin’s most romantic Christmas markets.
Christmas market against a historical backdrop
For the second time, the Spandau Citadel invites you to enjoy the magic of lights against a fairytale backdrop. From 21 November, you can get in the mood for Advent here between the ancient fortress walls.
The citadel is one of the best-preserved Renaissance fortresses in northern Europe. In addition to this extraordinary historical setting, visitors to the Spandau Christmas Market can once again look forward to numerous nostalgic stalls and medieval attractions. Enjoy a wealth of specialities and delicacies and be enchanted by local arts and crafts and Christmas decorations.
Whether it's the finest Italian chocolates, scented candles with wild flowers, fairly produced poinsettias or fine jewellery: here you can stroll through the Christmas forest among hundreds of illuminated fir trees while shopping for gifts for loved ones. Children especially look forward to historic rides like the chain carousel.
Fairytale attractions for young and old
Within the historic fortress walls, wander through the atmospherically decorated Christmas huts. Immerse yourself in a fairytale Christmas world and discover handicrafts and handmade decorations. Enjoy mulled wine, punch and Christmas nibbles. Younger guests can enjoy historic rides and take off into the evening sky on the ship's swing.
Manufactures & artisans
With a wide range of arts and crafts and handmade natural products, gift-seekers will also get their money's worth at the Spandau Christmas Market. Taste the finest Italian chocolates and high-quality spirits with Christmas flavours such as baked apple or vanilla. Choose between beeswax candles and lanterns. Or how about a beautifully decorated scented candle made from soy wax and adorned with wild flowers? Sustainably produced poinsettias also make a great Christmas souvenir from Berlin.
Highlights of the Zitadelle Spandau Christmas Market:
- historic fortress
- fairytale lighting
- arts and crafts
- Christmas delicacies
- historic rides & boat swing
- New in 2022: ice skating rink and two curling rinks
- New Year's Eve party on 31 December
Our tips for your visit to the Christmas market at the Spandau Citadel:
Visit the Christmas market with the whole family. The variety on offer for children leaves hardly any wishes unfulfilled. There are reduced prices and special offers on Family Day.
Opening hours and entrance fees
- Dates: 21 November to 30 December 2022 (New Year's Eve party on 31 December).
- Opening hours: Monday to Friday from 2pm - 10pm, Saturday & Sunday from 12pm - 10pm (closed 24 and 25 December).
- Admission: Adults 3.50 euros (including visits to all museums and the Julius Tower), free admission for young people up to and including 15 years of age.
- We recommend travelling by public transport
- U-Bahn (underground train): U7, Altstadt Spandau station or U7 Zitadelle (accessible)
- S-Bahn (overground train): S5 Berlin-Spandau station
- Bus X33, Zitadelle station
- Mainline and regional railway, Berlin-Spandau station
- By car: The car park for visitors at Zitadellenweg offers short walking distances