The Amerika Gedenkbibliothek (AGB) is one of the biggest libraries in Berlin. It is a present from the USA to the people of Berlin after the Soviet blockade (1948/1949).
The library was designed by American and German architects for the people of Berlin. The library was opened in 1954 as a symbol of free education and speech. Today, it is a component of the Zentral- und Landesbibliothek Berlin (ZLB) (Berlin Central State Library).