If you are looking for an alternative Christmas market in the countryside – hopefully in the snow – then there’s nothing better than the Advent market at Ökowerk in Grunewald!
Alternative Christmas market in nature with many creative activities for both young and old.
The Conservation Centre Ökowerk by the Teufelssee is a non-governmental educational centre for environmental education and nature conservation. It was opened in 1985 and is run by the Verein Naturschutzzentrum Ökowerk e.V. (Ecological Work Association Conservation Centre).
Natural products and unprocessed foodstuffs
Here you can buy special gift ideas made of natural materials from selected exhibitors at various stands. Whether handmade jewellery, handicrafts, felt products, books or unprocessed foodstuffs and delicacies such as homemade jam or chutneys, you can purposely buy nice Christmas gifts here.
Creative hands-on activities
If you want to be creative yourself, you can make your own Advent wreaths, Christmas flower arrangements and Christmas tree decorations or paint porcelain angels during various hands-on activities. Your loved ones will surely be even more pleased with a homemade gift.
Highlights of the Advent market at Ökowerk
- Hands-on activities for all
- Natural products
- Unprocessed foodstuffs
- Homemade and handmade goods
- Cosy alternative to conventional Christmas markets
Our tips for your visit to the Advent market at Ökowerk
Dress warmly, take your sledges with you and combine your visit to the Advent market at Ökowerk with a walk through the wintry Grunewald or go tobogganing on the Teufelsberg.
Sustainability and social commitment
- Environmental education and nature conservation in the Grunewald forest
- Christmas Market in the Nature Conservation Centre
- Gifts from natural materials
- Making Advent wreaths and flower arrangements from natural materials
Opening hours and entrance fees
- Date: cancelled
- Opening hours: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Admission is free, for the handicraft activities there is a contribution towards expenses of between 7 and 20 euros.
The Conservation Centre Ökowerk Berlin e. V. is located at the Teufelssee at the foot of the Teufelsberg in Grunewald in the district Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf. The Advent market at Ökowerk is easiest to reach by car. Sufficient parking spaces are available.
- Bus: 186, 349, M19 S Grunewald
- S-Bahn (overground train): S3, S5, S7, S75 S Grunewald