The lesson plan of the Kunsthochschule Berlin-Weißensee is bountiful: sculpture, stage and costume design, painting, fashion design, product design, textile and pattern design as well as visual communication. In addition, further education programs in the study of art therapy and space planning are offered.
The college was founded in 1946 in Berlin as the “art school of the north“. Yet, over the years, it was renamed a number of times. Since the unification of both German states in 1991, it bears the name “Kunsthochschule Berlin-Weißensee“; at the same time, it received the ad on “College of Design”, in emphasis of the attendant design areas. It offers 650 student places. One of the distinctive features, which makes up the profile of the Kunsthochschule Berlin-Weißensee, is that all students complete a common degree-overlapping one year artistic foundation course together—a union of the arts.