The exhibition will be closed in November 2020!
Bismarcksfelder Straße 12683 Berlin
During the Nazi era there were at least 30 forced labor camps in the present district of Marzahn-Hellersdorf. The largest was in Kaulsdorf-Süd, Kaulsdorfer Straße 90. The site, originally Jewish property, was compulsorily sanctioned.
Actually built as accommodation for German workers who were to be used on projects of the German Reichsbahn, the camp was first used as a transit camp for Wolhyniendeutsche. In 1940, a prison of war was established for French soldiers. On April 30, 1942, the camp was occupied with "East Workers" who had to work for the German Reichsbahn. Up to 1400 Russians and Ukrainians, including many women and even children, had a miserable life here. On eight display boards, the open-air exhibition recalls the history of the village, the victims of the camp and their fate.
Find further information here